Fingate Limited ("Fingate") complies with New Zealand's Privacy Act 2020, which deals with the collection, storage, use and disclosure of personal information. Where personal information is provided to us, Fingate maintains and uses that information in strict conformity with the Privacy Act. Fingate’s address is Suite 106, The Zone, 23 Edwin Street, Mount Eden, Auckland, 1024.
2. Purposes of our Use and Disclosure of Your Personal Information
2.1 Current and Future Purposes of Use:
Personal information is used for a number of purposes by Fingate, including:
• to enable third party Financial Service Providers to assess your credit history, including by way of obtaining your credit history from credit reporting agencies
• to enable third party Financial Service Providers to process your loan
• to carry out our business;
• to update your records with us;
• communication between us and in order to service our relationship with you;
• to prevent money laundering and other criminal activities; and to identify and prevent fraud;
• to enable third party biometrics ID verification agencies to proof your identity
• to identify which of our products or our partners' products might be of interest to you and to offer you both new and improved Fingate products;
• to conduct regulatory checks; and
• if you consent, information about your credit information and score, how to correct, manage and improve it (provided that you acknowledge that we do not give you financial advice in this regard) and pass on any credit alerts that we receive.
In order to achieve some of these purposes, we may disclose your personal information to credit reporting agencies, third party biometrics ID verification agencies and third party Financial Services Providers, which both collect and supply such information to us on an enduring basis.
2.3 Credit Reporting Agency Privacy Obligations:
Where applicable information is shared with these credit reporting agencies, they are obliged to observe the confidential nature of such information and are prohibited from using any or all of this information other than for the purpose for which it was provided. Such credit reporting agencies are also required to comply with the Credit Reporting Privacy Code. We will take reasonable steps to ensure recipients of this information do not breach New Zealand privacy laws in relation to the personal information we disclose, including by liaising to request correction of your personal information if necessary.
2.4 Biometrics ID verification agency Privacy Obligations:
Where applicable information is shared with these biometrics ID verification agencies, they are obliged to observe the confidential nature of such information and are prohibited from using any or all of this information other than for the purpose for which it was provided. We will take reasonable steps to ensure recipients of this information do not breach New Zealand privacy laws in relation to the personal information we disclose, including by liaising to request correction of your personal information if necessary.
3.1 Consent to Sharing:
By providing personal information to Fingate, you are consenting to sharing that information with/from our affiliates, credit referencing agencies, lenders, biometrics ID verification agencies, customer service providers and third-party companies for the purposes set out above and for the purposes of them telling you about their services or products. You also consent to sharing that information with government or regulatory or judicial authorities in order to comply with the law and/or for the purpose of fraud prevention.
3.2 Your Consent:
4. The Type of Information we Collect
4.1 Personal Information:
Fingate collects personal information from the following sources:
• your online application; and
• outside sources such as credit reference agencies and biometrics ID verification agencies
(a) Fingate may also collect information about your computer. This information may include your IP address, operating system and browser type. This is collected using a small 'cookie' file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies have the potential to help us improve and enhance your service experience at Fingate.
4.3 Overseas Credit Reporting Agencies:
(b) If you do not want your computer to receive new cookies, you can ask your browser not to accept them. This function is possible under the 'Help' section of most browsers. If you choose to prevent cookies being accepted, you may not be able to access some pages.
Where we engage an overseas credit reporting agency, we will take steps to ensure that your information is protected by the same, or higher, safeguards as provided by the Privacy Act 2020.
5. Additional Purpose - Disclosing your Information to Third Parties
Fingate may pass on your personal information to selected third parties only in limited circumstances as set out below. These third parties may use your personal information to contact you by email, telephone, post, SMS or other reasonable means.
We may disclose your personal information to a third party if:
• we have a duty to disclose your personal information in order to comply with a legal request;
• our business or a substantial amount of its assets are acquired by a third party (in which case personal information held about those who have registered with Fingate, used this website or our services will be one of the transferred assets);
• we decide to buy any business or assets (in which case we may disclose your personal information to the seller of any such business or assets); or
• we decide to sell any business or assets (in which case we may disclose your personal information to the buyer of any such business or assets).
6. Limiting Use of Personal Information
6.1 Opt Out:
Fingate complies strictly with New Zealand's Privacy Act 2020 which, in part, deals with the holding and use of personal information. In line with the Privacy Act, Fingate ensures that you must consent to receiving marketing information and you may opt-out of our use of your personal information for marketing purposes at any time by sending us an email to email@example.com. If you opt out of our use of your personal information for marketing purposes, we will do our utmost to respect this request once we have had a reasonable opportunity to process your request.
6.2 Storage and Correction:
6.3 Data Breach Reporting:
We will comply with the mandatory data breach reporting regime under the Privacy Act, which will require us to notify the Privacy Commissioner and you if any data breach causes or is likely to cause serious harm to you.
6.4 Marketing Contact from Fingate and Third Parties:
You understand and agree by submitting an application to us, that we may contact you from time to time at your email address, SMS, postal address, phone number, mobile number, fax or by other electronic means to help manage your loan applications, for marketing purposes, for market research or to discuss other products and services offered by Fingate or other companies that we believe may interest you.
7. Access to Products, Facilities and/or Services
If you choose not to provide all the information requested on an application form, Fingate may choose to decline your application and otherwise restrict the products, facilities and/or services available to you.
8. Use of Emails
You will receive emails from Fingate if you submit a Fingate online loan application.
9. Third Party Links
10. How to Contact Fingate
If you would like to access, correct or delete any of your personal information that we hold about you or would like to contact us with any queries or comments, please find us at firstname.lastname@example.org